With the mercury crossing the 100 F mark these past few weeks, it is imperative to keep oneself cool with as many refreshments as possible, especially if you’re someone who has to travel a lot, or work in a heated environment…like the kitchen 😛
Try as I might to avoid junk food from my life, some stuff like juices and refined sugar or flours sometimes creep in; I do however keep an eye out and avoid sodas vehemently. I had, quite some time back, purchased a few fruit crushes and concentrates from Mapro India (via Amazon), and of those, my favourite is the Citrus Blue concentrate; very versatile and citrusy and can be used in numerous ways. This mocktail, is my very simple take on a refreshing summer drink, using sweet lime juice and citrus blue concentrate.
I have used freshly squeezed Sweet Lime juice (Mausambi), and apart from discarding the seeds, I’ve not strained it, as I love my juices pulpy. Also, you don’t need to add any extra sugar as the juice and concentrate are both quite sweet.
Cool Blue Summer Mocktail
- Sweet Lime – Juice of 2 large or 3 small (about 1 and 1/2 cups)
- Lemon or Lime – Juice of 1 and a wedge for garnish
- Citrus Blue concentrate – 1/2 cup
- Crushed/Powdered sugar – for garnish
- Mint sprig – optional
- Crushed ice or ice cubes
- Squeeze the juice and pulp of the Sweet Limes and keep aside, taking out the seeds. Chill.
- Also squeeze the juice of one lemon and mix it in the citrus blue concentrate.
- Pour the citrus blue concentrate into another glass, and now begin assembling.
- Rub a wedge of lime all around the rim of your serving glass.
- Spread crushed or powdered sugar on a plate and coat the rim of your glass with it.
- Now add a spoonful of crushed ice on the bottom, and pour citrus blue, keeping it to the halfway mark of your glass.
- Without jostling your glass, now pour the chilled Sweet Lime juice on top, filling up the remaining half of your glass.
- Add the wedge of lime on top, and mint if you please.
- Serve chilled 🙂