Have I mentioned before that I love oatmeal? I do! But even an oatmeal fanatic will get bored of the same combinations over and over again. Not to mention if you try to serve the same to your kids every time. The other day, I had made some quick Hot Chocolate Oatmeal which was a hit at home! Today, I decided upon another combo, a personal favourite – Banana & Peanut Butter 🙂
While this doesn’t quite ‘look’ as appetizing as the chocolate version, I feel this tasted better. Of course, this is a personal choice, and unless you like bananas or peanut butter, you might not enjoy this one 😛
I served the oatmeal with some Homemade Peanut Butter Caramel, and sliced bananas that I tossed lightly in some lemon sugar..
- Old-fashioned rolled oats – 1/2 cup
- Milk – 1 cup
- Bananas – 2 medium
- Peanut butter – 2 tbsp
- Sugar – 1 tbsp
- Lemon juice – 1/2 tsp, mixed with some powdered sugar
- Blend the bananas with the milk and peanut butter, and pour into a saucepan.
- Add the oats to this and cook for 5 to 7 minutes or until the oats are soft.
- Add more milk if you need to thin down the consistency.
- Serve hot with some banana slices, tossed in lemon sugar, and a dab of peanut butter caramel