Summer is here, and with it, we have a blast of heat, blistering warmth and the need to soak ourselves in a bucket of ice water….well, if not that, then at least try to drink something cool and icy. I know I do. But then, having the same drink on a daily basis can get boring.
I try to have an apple every day, and some days, I just don’t feel like biting into it. Smoothies, shakes, and drinks come to the rescue on such occasions…like today. I decided to make a simple Apple Lassi, and amped it up by marrying it with some tangy black grape coulis (that I had made earlier). Delightfully chilled, sweet and tangy and not a drop of sugar… Healthy or what? 😉
- Apple – 1 whole, washed, peeled, cored and chopped
- Grape coulis – 3 tbsp (find the recipe here) OR
- Seedless black grapes – 4 to 6
- Low-fat yogurt – 1/2 cup
- Sugar – 1 tbsp (I didn’t need any, you may add if you wish)
- Black salt or plain salt – a pinch
- In a blender, add the above ingredients.
- Blend the ingredients until a smooth, lump-free lassi is formed.
- Lastly, using the whip option on your blender, whip the lassi until light and frothy (or use a hand blender)
- Pour it in a glass, chill and serve 🙂
Note: If using grapes and not coulis, you may strain the drink before serving.