Man proposes, God disposes (but makes way for something else 😛 )
So, my plan was to make fluffy bunny-eared cake pops for Easter Sunday. But, my white chocolate decided to throw a tantrum and seized up like nobody’s business.. And then, my cake pop sticks went and got lost 😦
Yes, yes, all in all terrible misfortune for my bunnies. My carefully cut and coloured bunny ears had to be disposed, while I went about thinking of what to do with the cake balls…
Easter Egg Cake Pops
- Leftover Cake, any variety (I used chocolate cake) – 2 cups, crumbled into fine bits.
- Frosting, or condensed milk – 1/2 to 3/4 cup
- Dark chocolate – 100 gms, melted
- Decoration – Sprinkles, white chocolate, ganache, beads, anything.
- Crush the cake into crumbs. It should resemble fine sand.
- Add the frosting or condensed milk bit by bit, mixing it with a spoon, and test by scooping some and forming a ball.
- The mix should be smooth. Use a scoop or spoon to scoop out small handfuls of cake mix, and make small egg shapes.
- Place these on a parchment lined place and refrigerate for 30 mins.
- Ready you chocolate by melting it in a microwave, or on a double boiler until smooth and flowy.
- Dip each ‘egg’ into the chocolate and cover it well on all sides.
- Pick up carefully, and place them on parchment paper, or your decorative surface.
- Top with sprinkles, beads, melted chocolate dots, edible glitter, etc..
- Chill, and serve